‘Keeping Church Buildings Alive’ Presentations
The event provided practical advice on maintaining local church buildings, from a range of stakeholders and experts.
BEFS recent workshop, Keeping Church Buildings Alive, organised in partnership with Scottish Redundant Churches Trust, Scotland’s Churches Trust and The Prince’s Foundation, was a great success and very well attended by both professionals from the sector and private individuals.
The workshop provided practical learning opportunities, allowed groups to access expert advice and meet people from similar projects, all with a focus on maintaining the local church buildings at the heart of our communities.
Here you can download the presentations from the range of stakeholders and experts who presented on the day:
- Workshop Aims – Who is here & why?, Euan Leitch, BEFS.
- Historic Churches—New 21st Century Partnerships, Raymond Young, Church of Scotland.
- Community Engagement, Digital Learning & Interpretation, Dorothy Hoskins, Historic Environment Scotland.
- Achieving Closure, Judith Roebuck, Church of Scotland.
- Consider Your Audiences, Paul Jardine, Jura Consultants.
- Introduction to St Stephen’s, Niall Murphy, Glasgow City Heritage Trust.
- Top Tips from a Funder on Getting Funded, Gordon Barr, Architectural Heritage Fund.
- Scotland’s Churches Trust—Happy to Help, Stuart Beattie, Scotland’s Churches Trust.
- Funding for church building projects, Catherine Townsend, National Churches Trust.
- Community Engagement: Why and How?, Tiva Montalbano, The Prince’s Foundation. Community Engagement Exercise.
- Unexpected Benefits: Using Activities to Engage & Sustain, Victoria Collison Owen, Scottish Redundant Churches Trust.
- How to Make your Project Sustainable, Rosie Fraser, Rosie Fraser Associates.